Allentown Diocese Protection of Youth Requirements
Diocesan Safe Environment Coordinator
Sister Meg Cole, S.S. J., MS, LFMT
610-332-0442 x 19
Diocesan Victim Assistance Coordinator
Ms. Wendy Krisak, MA, NCC, LPC
The Diocese of Allentown provides assistance to anyone who, as a minor, was sexually abused by a priest, deacon, or employee/volunteer of the Diocese/Parish. Parents, guardians, children, and survivors of sexual abuse are invited and encouraged to contact the Diocese of Allentown for more information about this program. The fullness of compassion should be extended to these victims by the Church.
To learn more about the Diocese of Allentown’s Youth Protection Programs, Sexual Abuse Policy, and Code of Conduct, please visit www.allentowndiocese.org and click on “Youth Protection” in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
Volunteer Clearance Information and Application Procedures
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at St. Catharine of Siena. If it has been determined that you are a volunteer having direct contact with minors, you must complete all of the necessary paperwork. Please follow steps #1 -8 below. Please note that #8 is only necessary if applicable. The Diocese of Allentown Code of Conduct and Diocese of Allentown Sexual Abuse Policy must be read. Any volunteer who is reasonably expected to come in contact with a minor must also attend a Protecting God’s Children Workshop.
Beginning July 25, 2015, the cost of obtaining the Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check (Act 34) and the Child Abuse History Clearance Act (Act 151) is waived ($0.00). When indicating the purpose of the clearances, please indicate “Volunteer”.
The following policies must be read and completed and a workshop attended for any volunteer who is reasonably expected to come in contact with children.
- Click on the following link and complete and submit the following form: Diocese of Allentown Background Check and Fingerprint Authorization Form
- Click on the following link and complete and submit the following form (either send to the address highlighted on the form OR send in to St. Catharine of Siena School): Request for Criminal Record Check
- Click on the following link and complete and submit the following form: PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Click on the following link and complete and submit the following form: Signed Acknowledgement Form for Diocese of Allentown Sexual Abuse Policy (dated May 14, 2014). The following Diocese of Allentown Sexual Abuse Policy must also be read: Diocese of Allentown Sexual Abuse Policy
- Click on the following link and read the Diocese of Allentown Code of Conduct (Dated May 14, 2014) and submit the Signed Acknowledgement Form.
- Attend one of the upcoming Protecting God’s Children Workshops and submit the Certificate of Completion. Protecting God’s Children Workshop Schedule
- Complete the online training and submit the Certificate of Complete for Mandated Reporting Training. Mandated Reporting Training (less than five (5) years old)
- Motor Vehicle Report – ONLY IF DRIVING (less than five (5) years old). Please submit the vehicle report.
Safe environment requirements checklist:
- Certificate for the Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check
- Certificate for the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History
- Complete form for the FBI Criminal Background Fingerprint Check
- Signed Acknowledgement form for Diocese’s Sexual Abose Policy
- Signed Acknowledgement form for Diocese’s Code of Conduct
- Protecting God’s Children attendance certificate
- Certificate from Mandated Reporting Training
If you have any questions, please contact: Cristina Schmehl, Safe Environment Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org